July 17, 2011
About a year ago I was at a little bookshop in Hollywood for a friend's book reading and when all was said and done my eye caught the cover of the book "Bonjour Tristesse" (Hello Sadness) by Françoise Sagan.

Bonjour Tristesse movie with Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr

The book opens with "A strange melancholy pervades me to which I hesitate to give the grave and beautiful name of sorrow." and I remember thinking, well, that sounds lovely.

I just saw the screencaps for the movie which was released a few years after the book was published. I hadn't realized it had been made into a film and it stars Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr! After you read the book you will realize the movie is perfectly cast!

Bonjour Tristesse movie with Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr Bonjour Tristesse movie with Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr Bonjour Tristesse movie with Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr Bonjour Tristesse movie with Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr Bonjour Tristesse movie with Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr Bonjour Tristesse movie with Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr Bonjour Tristesse movie with Jean Seberg and Deborah Kerr

A definite must read and definite must watch! The fashion is fantastic (late 50s French riviera) and the movie has amazing scenery.

Image Credits: Lovely Pieces Design, movie poster here

5 comments:

  1. I love this book and really thought the movie was well done as well. i want every single outfit of both ladies in the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me very happy. I am so fond of Jean Seberg. She is my style icon and no doubt I copy her in many ways. Lovely pictures, great idea to mention this particular stylish movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Deborah Kerr. Love. Her. Will definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these old pics.
    http://blondefashion29.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wathcing vintage movies thanks for sharing.


    Maria[big suits for men]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee