December 30, 2012
At the moment I am rocking out to Imogene Heap's i Megaphone album (basically my album anthem for the year 1999, or was it 1998?) and just musing about the internet particularly on design inspirations for my new apartment I am moving into in just a couple of weeks!

The current apartment I reside in is fairly close to Hollywood and it's a 1920s old brownstone. A teeny 420sq ft studio. It's been my cozy little hovel for the past year and a half and I have so enjoyed living in it. You can see photos of my apartment here: Saturday in my Apartment and in this post: Featured on Apartment Therapy.

So the new apartment I am moving to is much more industrial and modern looking! It's one big giant space with glossed cement floors, a few industrial fixtures, and pretty much just a big giant rectangular box with giant front windows.
Vintage Meets Modern Apartment Inspiration
The new apartment will definitely have a more masculine feel. I've bought quite a few industrial work benches for my studio downtown and they're moving into my apartment with me. I'll also be incorporating navajo inspired rugs, a little rustic mixed in with french flea market. Ahh... just basically all the things I love thrown in together in a happy mix.

7 comments:

  1. Great space! I can't wait to see the pictures when everything is complete. Congrats on your new place! Happy New Year!!!

    http://www.boroughvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to start decorating my new apartment too! :)

      Delete
  2. You have a great sense of interior decorating and I can't wait to see your new place done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this home inspiration post! i'm planning on moving out soon and have been on the lookout for ideas, and antique a modern twist is exactly what i've been looking for! I hope mine ends up looking at least half as good as yours :). xx, renee.

    reneejennifer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! I hope my new apartment looks as good as these inspiration photos I've posted! *hehe*

      Delete
  4. What a blend I must say! It looks too beautiful. Loved it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a little comment, I do try to respond back as often as I can. Have a lovely day! xoxo - Rodellee